Last update: Nov 2020
The privacy and security of your data are of paramount importance to us.
ODYSCI controls, develops and makes available on the internet the site www.odysci.com, as well as its subdomains (including our customer-only domain social.odysci.com).
The set of all web pages under the above domains are referred in this document as the “Site“. All products and services offered by ODYSCI on the Site are referred in this document as “Services“. Any person, individually, or representing a company, who completes a registration on the Site, or accesses our tools and services (via a password-protected login) is referred in this document as a “User“, or simply as “you”.
1. THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
1.1. Personal information is collected when the User submits a registration request on the Site, orders any type of service (free or paid), or fills in any form available on the Site for any purpose. The types of data collected depend on the type of registration required, namely:
- When you register on the site for a free demo Service you will be asked to provide your name and e-mail.
- When you contract any Services, you will be asked to provide your name, e-mail, telephone number, and your affiliation (the name and address of the company you work for).
- When your contract a paid Service, you will be asked to provide payment information, in addition to the previous data. Payment information may include credit card number, or any other form of payment available on the Site.
1.2. Part of our Services involve the analysis of data from social media pages which we receive directly from social media platforms, such as, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, using the platform provided public APIs.
- The public information we collect from our users’ social profiles, via the platform APIs, include various metrics such as number of fans, subscribers or followers, number of postings, number of comments received, etc. This information is the same as the information publicly available directly on the social network sites. Our purpose in collecting this data via the platform APIs is to be able to process and display it in a manner that our customers find valuable and useful.
- Our services abide by all privacy and use terms associated with the social platforms and our use of their public APIs. In addition, when a customer accesses their public or private social media data through our services (using the social media platform APIs), the customer, by accepting these privacy terms, is automatically also bound by the terms of service and privacy policies of the platforms, as accessible below:
- Some features of our services allow our users to access their private information on the social media pages they own. In such cases, our customers give us permission, within the service, to access their social media pages insights data. This permission is given by our customer to our Services, through an authentication dialog provided by the social platforms where our customers can specify exactly what information they want to share with our services.
- In the same way that the customer can give our Services permission to access some private information on the social media pages they own, they may revoke this permission at any time, either through our Services or directly on the social platforms settings. Through our Services, the users can access the same authentication dialog provided by the social platforms, and revoke some or all permissions granted to the Services at any time. In such event, the Services will delete all authorized data (retrieved from the social media pages, pursuant to previous authorization) within 7 calendar days of the revocation. The user should be aware of the security settings for each platform he/she wishes to grant/revoke authorized data, as listed below:
2. HOW THE INFORMATION IS USED
The personal information we collect or receive from you is used for the following purposes:
- To grant you access to the Services made available by ODYSCI.
- To personalize your user experience while accessing the Services and to allow ODYSCI to offer content aligned with your interests.
- To process your registration requests and purchasing of the Services offered by ODYSCI.
- To reply to your questions and support requests related to the Services offered by ODYSCI.
- To send you periodic e-mails related to the products and services offered by ODYSCI.
3. HOW THE INFORMATION IS STORED AND PROTECTED
3.1. ODYSCI’s Services are hosted in servers contracted with Amazon Web Services, Inc., USA (AWS), hence any user information collected by ODYSCI is stored in AWS contracted computing resources. AWS Service Terms incorporate the AWS GDRP Data Processing Addendum which extends to its servers and services the same level of protection approved by the European Union (EU) data protection authorities, known as the Article 29 Working Party.
3.2. ODYSCI employs industry standard methods and IT systems to guarantee the safety of its systems and of the user information it stores.
3.3. The information is stored in safe and access-restricted repositories, and depending on the type of data, may be encrypted.
3.4. Only ODYSCI employees or previously-authorized third-party service providers may have access to the servers storing user information. Anyone who was authorized by ODYSCI to access user information is legally bound to preserve its confidentiality.
3.5. All data related to forms of payment are handled by a secure third-party payment provider and are not stored in servers managed by ODYSCI.
4. INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
4.1. ODYSCI collects specific data automatically, directly or with the help of a third-party service, with the sole purpose of better understanding and improving the user experience while visiting the Site pages. The collected data may include: characteristics of the accessing device, information about the browser being used, date and time of visit, IP address, geographic region of IP address (excluding GPS information and precise location), information about the Site pages visited, terms searched in the Site search box, and time spent on the Site.
4.2. Cookies are small pieces of text that are stored in your web browser which allow websites to recognize you and customize your website vist to better suit your preferences. ODYSCI and third-party services we use, will store cookies in your web browser to personalize your experience while visiting the Site. These cookies are necessary for the correct functioning of the Site and if they are blocked, parts of the Site may not work as expected. You may configure your browser to refuse to accept cookies, however, this may cause our Site and Services not to work as expected, and parts may not work at all.
You will be given the opportunity to accept or reject cookies on your first visit to the Site.
5. INFORMATION SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES
Personal information collected by ODYSCI is used solely by the company to provide the Services as requested by the User. If a given service is provided by a third-party contracted by ODYSCI, your data may be transferred to the service provider. In this case we will make sure that the service provider guarantees the same safeguards as we do, and only uses the information for the contracted purpose.
6. USER’S RESPONSIBILITIES
6.1. Only individuals equal to or above the age of 18 are allowed to register to the site www.odysci.com or to contract the Services offered by ODYSCI.
6.2. The User shall provide truthful information in any registration form on the Site. ODYSCI reserves the right to verify the data provided by your, regarding your name, contact information and affiliation, prior to allowing you access to the Services.
6.3. When the User registers for the Services using a company name as affiliation, the User guarantees that they are employed by the company and has the necessary permissions to use the company name in the registration.
6.4. The User shall be responsible for keeping their access credentials (userid and password) secure and never divulge them to others. In case the User suspects that their account may have been accessed without their knowledge, they should reset their credentials immediately and report the incident to ODYSCI.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or data privacy in general, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.